Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#3


What is your favorite word and why?

Out of the pool of words that exist, the word “Evolution” is my favorite. Not only do I love the way this four-syllable word sounds, but its meaning and the phenomenon itself stir up passionate feelings and profound controversy.

“Evolution” is what I seek, because I believe in gradual development and ‘growth’, not illusory overnight revolutions. Revolutions bring temporary changes and are counter-productive in the long run. A revolution can better be explained by the ‘revolution’ of a point on a circular axis, for instance. The point is bound to come back to its original position no matter what. While on the contrary, the effects of evolution transcend time.
Moreover, I love it because this concept of evolution is universal and exists in every area of existence, whether it is economics, science, life or our societies. All are evolving in the bounds of time and space.

This word has also been of personal importance to me throughout my life, as I have grown up and evolved with each passing moment. This process is endless, as I slowly culminate to the unachievable level of perfection, and shall only end the day I die.
Charles Darwin, in The Origins of species marveled at the “endless form most beautiful and most wonderful” that is evolution is and that is what I am.

1 comments:

L.F. said...

Will you write more?
:)

Post a Comment

Search This Blog